Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Prompt: Spy

"Well... the plan would have worked if that rebel hadn't spotted us."

"Excuse me? Are you trying to make me feel better?"

"... I just thought that maybe you might feel comforted--"

"Yeah, right. Look at us! We're prisoners stuck in the middle of Rebel Fortress, surrounded with no hope of escape, and guaranteed a most painful death. Now how exactly will you make me feel comforted?"

"... Well, if you really want to be that pessimistic... I mean, if you just look outside, you know, it looks kinda nice with the trees and the sunset and the--"

"Prison guards?"

"... That too."

"I say we need to bust outta here. Whaddya say?"

"Um..."

"Don't be such a wimp! If we don't try, we'll never make it out."

"Well... okay."

"That's the spirit. Come on."

Clatter. Clank. "Huh--?" Bonk. Guard goes down.

"Now, let's keep going."

"Okay--"

WHEEEOOOOOEEEEOOOOO.

"They spotted us! Run! Run!"

"They're catching up to us! I can't--"

"Keep goin'--"

--------

"... Well... they have pretty good meatballs here."

"Shut up!"

Written using Write or Die in about 7 minutes. It's a bit messy. I don't know if I'll go back to this later or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment