Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Prompt: So you want me to steal a body from the FBI?

"So you want me to steal a body from the FBI?" Marvin asked incredulously.

"That's right," the man in black nodded.

Marvin paused. "I don't think I understand," he said after a while. "Yes, I'm a thief, but I steal jewels. Not bodies. And especially," he emphasized, "not from the FBI. What are you trying to pull here?"

"What I'm trying to say," the man said, adjusting his sunglasses, "is very simple. I want a body back from the FBI, no questions asked, and I think you are the man to do it."

"I already told you. I don't steal bodies."

"You haven't yet," the man said ominously, and Marvin was sure he could see the manaical glint behind those sunglasses.

"What?" He asked, at a loss for what to say. What would anyone be able to say to that?

"Marvin Jenson," the man said as he straightened, "I need you to become a body-stealer for me. The pay will be very good," he added.

The professional thief paused. "How much?"

"Thirty thousand and no less."

"Too cheap," Marvin scoffed, although inwardly he was reeling. That was certainly more than he'd ever gotten on a job. However, he wasn't going to settle for just that.

The man's forehead wrinkled and his face soured, but he relented. "Fine, then. Fifty thousand, and no more."

"Deal," Marvin said neutrally. "However... It is the FBI. Hard task. I might have to charge more later."

"Fine," the man muttered. "Just make sure you get the job done, and quickly."

"I'll leave ASAP," Marvin promised as he crossed his arms. "Where is this body of yours? The FBI HQ is a pretty expansive building, you know," he said.

"West wing, third basement. Room 306. There are a lot of guards around it. Impossible to miss."

"That's quite an important body," Marvin remarked casually.

"Don't ask," the man muttered immediately.

"Wasn't gonna," the thief replied.

Written on Write or Die, one of the best writing tools I know of. It definitely helps against procrastination... A great tool for NaNoWriMo or Screnzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment