Pop quiz time! What, your teachers say the Internet rots your brains? Not this blog! Here it is:
1. What is your favorite genre to write in?
2. What is your favorite word?
3. Describe your writer/blogger persona in three words.
Hold it! Thanks to the great Steph Bowe, you don't have to do it.
She does it for you.
Steph Bowe (Hey, Teenager of the Year) is a blogger who, if you don't know her already, you should know. She's full of awesomeness. Here's an interview which I hastily wrote and she answered. Thanks, Steph.
-- STEPH BOWE (of Awesomeness) --
1. Describe your blogger/writer persona in three words.
Curious, quaint, sleepwalker.
2. If you could be a superhero, what would be your power?
I would have control over electricity. I would be an evil superhero, and I would run around zapping people and seeking world domination.
3. If you could get anything in the world for free, what would you get?
Um, a publishing contract? No, some things are better earned. I'd like to be able to go shopping for clothes and not have to worry about running out of money.
4. Do you have a favorite genre you like to write in?
I write YA contemporary. Sometimes romance creeps in, but I go and bury it in the garden before it does anything cheesy.
5. What are you favorite books/series?
At the moment, The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks, Pink by Lili Wilkinson and Everything Beautiful by Simmone Howell. These change on a monthly basis though.
6. Do you have a favorite word?
Kitsch. It's in the subtitle of my blog. I've been saying it since Grade Six. Everyone who knows me in the real world is sick of it.
7. Of all of your works, what is your favorite?
The one I'm working on right now. I love the characters. They're all so twisted.
8. Do you prefer to write your story on the computer or with pencil and paper?
Computer. I can type very quickly, but my hand can't keep up with my thoughts.
9. How many times do you write every week?
Every night. Whenever I have a spare second.
10. How many times do you blog every week?
I'll get on the computer and check my emails and read blogs and write stuff for the blog every morning.
11. Do you listen to music while you write? If so, what type?
I like The Killers at the moment. I listen to a lot of genres though - indie, alternative, folk, punk-rock.
12. When you were younger, did you think you were going to be an author? (Please don't say something like "I always knew I was destined for greatness...")
I always knew I was destined for greatness... no, it was just something I always loved. And then last year, I got serious about it. Which is amazing, since I am not a serious person.
13. What do you do in your spare time?
Write. Take photographs. Write. Sleep. Eat bread. I like bread.
14. What was or is your favorite subject in school?
English. Literature. Psychology. Love all those.
15. If you could recommend one book only, which one would you recommend and why?
Pink by Lili Wilkinson, because Wikipedia references are awesome!
16. What do you do to procrastinate?
I procrastibake. I make muffins and things. I also keep on refreshing my emails to see if anyone has emailed me. They usually haven't.
17. What is the one sentence you've written which you think is pretty darn awesome?
I don't want to write it because I think you'll steal it...
Okay, I was doing rewrites last night, and I found this line, which I thought was funny: "Alright then. But we're staying in well-lit areas with lots of people. I don't want my mutilated corpse getting dredged out of the Yarra."
(The Yarra is a river in Melbourne). Not exactly an example of my finest work, but I like it.
18. What is one character you've created which you think is pretty darn awesome?
Gracie Dove. She is made of awesome. No, every character of mine is fabulous. I love them all.
Steph is great. Head on over to her blog if you haven't already. It's pretty neat.