Here's another interview! She isn't a blogger, but hey, that's fine too! Bravechickens is a friend of mine who also writes.
-- BRAVECHICKENS (the human) --
1. Describe your blogger/writer persona in three words.
Random, inquisitive and human (sorry, I didn’t have a third word-look, that rhymes!)
2. If you could be a superhero, what would be your power?
I would say being able to fly! (So even when I’m not saving the world, I can have a bit of fun)
3. If you could get anything in the world for free, what would you get?
How about world peace? Or is that too ambitious...?
4. Do you have a favorite genre you like to write in?
I haven’t actually written anything yet, just short stories, a dialogue, random ‘life’ compositions and poems.
5. What are you favorite books/series?
I’ll only list the series I like because if I get into books the list will never end! Kiki Strike, Roman Mysteries, CHERUB, The Henderson Boys, Alex Rider, Maximum Ride and Thieves Like Us.
6. Do you have a favorite word?
Sometimes I can’t stop saying awesome, or dude, or ‘je ne sais pas’ (but that’s a phrase). And when I’m being sarcastic I tend to say Oh-Em-Gee. I’m going off topic, I think...(sorry).
7. Of all of your works, what is your favorite?
I think it must be a short piece, about half an A4 page on how school can be a bit like a Big Brother society (Orwellian much?).
8. Do you prefer to write your story on the computer or with pencil and paper?
I don’t mind either. But I can’t get the words down fast enough when writing by hand (so it looks really messy), and on the computer I get distracted really easily.
9. How many times do you write every week?
Only when I feel like it.
10. How many times do you blog every week?
Only when I feel like it too!
11. Do you listen to music while you write? If so, what type?
No, not really.
12. When you were younger, did you think you were going to be an author? (Please don't say something like "I always knew I was destined for greatness...")
No. I’m yet to produce any novels. And I never thought I’d ever read, let alone write.
13. What do you do in your spare time?
Read. Go on the Internet. Draw. Sew. Watch TV. Bake.
14. What was or is your favorite subject in school?
Art and business management. But now they have tests in Art too! Nooooo. Can’t they have forensics? I like science too, but at the moment it’s a bit dry.
15. If you could recommend one book only, which one would you recommend?
Kiki Strike series, by Kirsten Miller.
16. What do you do to procrastinate?
Basically, I just read, but last year I used to take out my Atlas and just read it. Did I mention I’m weird?
17. What is the one sentence you've written which you think is pretty darn awesome?
“Powdered maize flakes are yum.”Not exactly the best thing ever, but it’s from a really random piece I’ve written when we had three jumbo cornflake boxes. I know it doesn’t make sense, because I haven’t edited most of my work, and isn’t maize already powdered?
Thanks a lot, Bravechickens!