Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Long update

I know, I know. It's like, gasp! Misamiera has finally updated her blog with something other than a contest entry or a little drabble thing! Gasp!

It's the end of the world, I know.

Guess why I haven't been posting lately? Yeah, that awesome writing challenge, NaNoWriMo. It's like, even if you never do anything related to writing at all during the year, you should do this. What's to lose? Everyone who participates wins. And I don't say that lightly. It's like, whoah! I wrote so and so many words over the course of November! Unless you write regularly, you will probably write more in NaNo than you will during the other 11 months. So you win your novel and bragging rights for a week.
Although if you actually reach 50K, you get a free book of your novel and even more bragging rights.

It's my first year and yeah, I was pretty nervous about writing 50,000 words in a month, but actually, I'm doing pretty well. I've more or less kept up with the word count and have one novella under my belt with another in the process.

Okay, I know you're all DYING to know what my stories are about - well, maybe you are and maybe you aren't, but even if you aren't I'll tell you anyway. So the first one is called Repercussions, and in a sentence, here it is: a compulsive liar whose lies suddenly become reality discovers that the consequences are much more dangerous than he thinks. If you look down the list of past posts (and think, "Hey, this was months ago! She is a horrible updater!"), you'll see one called Repercussions. That's somewhat of my intro. I didn't actually use it in my story since that would be cheating (writing some of your story before the actual month begins), but it's the basic idea of the story. I'll post an excerpt later.

My second story is completely ridiculous. Absolutely nonsensical. And since I find that I can't describe the novel in a way that truly gives it justice, I'll copy and paste the synopsis I wrote on my profile... (Yes, copy and paste. Don't you just love that tool?)
Oh no! All of the cliches in Happily Ever After Land are disappearing! This means witches are suddenly good, frogs are no longer princes, and happily ever afters... are disappearing. Thyan Braveheart, a cliched prince who has diminished into a bumbling, awkward average teenager, is on a mission: to return everything back into the cliched way they were and most importantly, get himself back. But as he continues, he wonders if returning everything back to cliches is what is actually best...

I hope that peaks your interest. It's mostly satire/parody and tongue-in-cheek and such fun to write. I'll post an excerpt of it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment